You may complete these steps in any order. (For example, you can take the ethics exam at any time in the process.)
The only exception to this: membership and the consultation/video reviews are essentially done simultaneously.
1. Become an ACEP member
($135 - U.S. residents) See web page for other options. Join Now
2. Use this link to complete your EFT certification application ( you will need to login to your ACEP account). Pay for your consultant sessions and 3 video reviews ($1,190)
Once you complete this application, you will receive an email (allow 24-48 hours) with a packet of instructions on how to move forward.
3. Choose your mentor/consultant View the consultant list
Contact your consultant, get their approval, then email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your chosen consultant.
4. Complete 5 hours of online, one-on-one consultation sessions *
These mentoring sessions are semi-structured and include a specific focus for each session. Each participant will be asked to demonstrate a specific skill. Students are expected to bring specific cases. These mentoring sessions may be used to give feedback about videos submitted for review or your storyboard of video 2. Bring a challenge, issue or brag.Should you need additional consultation time beyond the 5 hours, the cost will be $125/hour, payable to ACEP. The need for additional consultation time is determined by your consultant.
5. Submit three videos for review*
It's mandatory to send your signed client release to your consultant before they review any of your videos.
1st Video: Cover the tapping points, a pre-frame, Constricted Breathing, and explain the Personal Peace Procedure. This should show that you can explain the EFT basics to your client.
2nd Video: Show the Tearless Trauma Technique and Tell The Story Technique.
3rd Video: Putting it all together. You will include a written configuration of your individual session.
6. Complete EFT Ethics Course and pass the exam. When you have completed the course and passed the exam, please send a copy of the certificate or something showing that you passed the exam.
Purchase Ethics Course here ($125
7. Pass written EFT exam
8. Complete an additional 25 hours of client sessions ( for a total of 50 hours). These must be documented and a sheet turned in before the end of the program. Client sessions can be documented at any time after you start EFT Professional Skills 1.
9. Complete 3 hours of personal EFT work with an ACEP certified Advanced EFT practitioner. The point of this is for you to have a direct experience of EFT from the inside. This makes you a better practitioner. ACEP has arranged for a list of advanced practitioners who have agreed to charge $120 per session for your three sessions. ($360)
When you reach this point, contact Susan at email@example.com or 484-380-2448 for the list of practitioners.
Important Note: Your practitioner can not be the person who is running your consultant session and doing your video reviews. Your practitioner will only be required to attest that you have completed three sessions. They will not discuss anything that occurs during your session with them as a client.
10. Complete the required reading.
ACEP Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice (PDF)
"Energy Psychology and Polyvagal Theory" by Robert Schwarz, PsyD
The EFT Manual third edition by Dawson Church
Optional: EFT Comprehensive Training Course, Level 1
11. Submit 2 professional reference letters from colleagues who can vouch for your work as an EFT practitioner. Please have your references submit a letter on their letterhead to attest to your qualifications and ethical behavior as an EFT practitioner. The letter should be sent via email as a Word document or PDF to Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or can be faxed to 484-418-1019.
12. Sign the EFT certification contract.
Total cost for your practitioner certification after Professional Skills 2: about $1675
(Plus cost of materials, such as books.)
Certification renewal every two years: $125
*ACEP has the right to make final decision on the eligibility of any applicant.