The program is intended for practitioners in any profession who are trained and licensed to work with emotional trauma and distress, or with the emotional aspects of illness or injury, or with any kind of mental health problems. This program assumes a reasonable level of counseling skill. The following degrees and/or job specializations are required.
- Masters' degree level or higher licensed mental health professionals (psychologists, social workers, counselors, MFTs, LMHCs, addiction counselors)
- Psychiatrists and physicians
- Nurses with an MSN specializing in psychiatric nursing
- Certified addiction counselors (bachelors' level) who have at least 3 years full time experience counseling addicts
- Licensed acupuncturists or licensed chiropractors (you should already have experience and counseling skills dealing with client’s emotional issues)
If you are unsure if you meet these criteria, contact Alyson D'Alessandro at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 484-380-2448.
Coaches and other allied health professionals
ACEP is creating a parallel EFT course geared to your needs. We expect it will be ready in early 2019.
Over the years we have found that there are enough differences between the needs of mental health professionals and coaches and other allied health professionals that it is advantageous to train them differently.
The economics of live training made that impossible. But online is different. We apologize for making you wait, but we had to start somewhere. Please let us know how much demand there is for a coaches/allied health training us by signing up on the wait list. So, the more people that sign up the more pressure we have to make this happen as quickly as possible.
Currently, ACEP is not planning to create an online EFT course for individuals who want to learn EFT for self-help.