Discover the Convenience of Online Training
with the Intimacy of Live Small Group Practice
in this incredible EFT Course
EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUES (EFT)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS 1
6-week Online Training
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS 1
6-week Online Training
Your First Step in Becoming Certified in EFT
Please scroll down to read important eligibility requirements before signing up.
5 Reasons you need mind-body approaches (like EFT) in your toolkit
- The latest neuroscience findings and trauma-informed therapy point to the importance of including non-verbal, body-oriented, “bottom-up” systems to effectively treat most emotional problems.
- The vast majority of psychological and emotional problems are created or exacerbated by stressful and traumatic events.
- More and more clients are looking for holistic approaches.
- Mind-body approaches allow you to work on multiple levels at the same time.
- It's important to have an evidenced based approach that have been shown to be effective in treating anxiety, trauma, depression and more.
This EFT Professional Skills 1 workshop, thoughtfully designed by the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, meets all of these reasons and much more.
And, now in these days of Covid19, this training is given online. It can help you deliver effective treatment online.
Are you an organization looking for custom onsite training in EFT at your facility? Contact us at ACEPstaff@gmail.com to learn more.
EFT workshop, eft training, eft course, emotional freedom techniques
Is this EFT course a good fit for you?
- Do you wish you had an evidence-based, mind-body approach that can rapidly treat traumatic or stressful memories and experiences with results that last?
- Do you want tools that help clients develop a mindful and compassionate perspective as well as shift their experience towards emotional well being ?
- If a client is about to tell you a horrible event that causes them tremendous emotional pain, are you absolutely confident that you can stay totally present with them AND help them resolve that event so that they feel whole and without pain?
- Do you desire a skill set that allows you to work effectively with a wide variety of clinical and performance issues?
- Is it important to you to have a professional level energy psychology training that you can integrate with your current framework and skills?
- Do you want to learn a powerful tool that has a basic level that can be learned easily AND with advanced and levels appropriate for master clinicians?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then read on about this great Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) training that is your first step in developing your EFT skills!
Click here if you have you completed EFT PS1 and looking for EFT PS2 training.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. PLEASE READ.
This EFT course is open to psychologists, counselors, addictions counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists. It is also offered to physicians and nurses with counseling training. 15 CE credits are offered. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for more details.
ACEP’s Emotional Freedom Techniques Professional Skills 1 is a first-class model of how a comprehensive program of training can be delivered on the internet.Stephen Porges, PhD, Developer of Polyvagal Theory
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
The most well known and researched energy psychology method.
It's a great place to start - or broaden your holistic toolkit.
Rapid, Gentle & Effective
- Deeply effective at treating a wide variety of conditions including stress, anxiety, panic, trauma, addictions, depression, chronic pain.
- Can work swiftly, even with trauma and post traumatic stress.
- Restores emotional regulation without significant adverse effects and less medication.*
- Powerful tool for working with school, business and sports performance issues (some Olympic athletes use EFT!).
* The statement on medication is based on clinical experience.
- There have been over 115 published studies using meridian tapping approaches
- 65 randomized controlled trials
- 98% of published studies have found positive results
- 3 meta analyses of EFT specifically, and they all showed large effect sizes
- Now approved as a “generally safe” therapy by the US Veterans Administration (VA).
- The latest neuroscience findings show that stress and trauma affects a person's body-mind system.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques works with the body, emotions, sensory information and cognitions in an integrated manner.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques utilizes awareness, mindfulness
and the therapeutic relationship.
- EFT grows with you as a holistic practitioner working with more and more nuance and artistry.
Integrates Easily With
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Couples & family approaches
- Addiction models
- And many other approaches
emotional freedom techniques
What is EFT?
Sometimes called "acupressure for the emotions,” Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) (or "tapping”) is a highly focused energy psychology method that rapidly releases the emotional impact of stressful or traumatic life events from the body-mind system.
First, clients bring their attention to distressing memories and symptoms. Second, practitioners walk them through a process of voicing specific statements while tapping on a series of acupuncture meridian points. This activation appears to reduce levels of stress while stimulating processing of previously stuck emotions and habit patterns. Do you want to learn more about EFT? - WATCH OUR FREE VIDEO MASTERCLASS.
What Makes This EFT Course Special?
In a recent survey, 74% our students rated this EFT course as MORE effective than a live 2 day training. The remaining 26% rated it equal to live training.
- Includes live, virtual small group meetings with trained EFT expert facilitators. You will actually be doing video online practice sessions with another student. You can even ask for help from your highly trained EFT facilitator in real time. (Yes, we have solved that drawback to online training.) WATCH A BRIEF VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF HOW IT FEELS TO USE THIS AMAZING TECHNOLOGY
- Is tailored for mental health professionals, physicians, nurses and other licensed allied health professionals.
- Includes demonstrations with detailed commentary to help you think like an expert EFT practitioner.
- Is designed so that you will go deeper and faster than many other courses.
By the end of Professional Skills 1, you will have the basic tools you need to use EFT with many of your clients’ problems. But make no mistake EFT is a powerful and subtle skill set. For true mastery additional training is required. That is why we have a full program: EFT PS1, EFT PS2, EFT PS3 and EFT PS 4. EFT course
- Learn EFT from an integrative framework that spans many areas, from cognitive-based therapy to interpersonal neurobiology to Qigong
- Discover how to incorporate EFT with the needs of clinical practice such as treatment planning
- Learn techniques that are usually taught in more advanced EFT courses
- Understand how to use EFT from both a palliative care/symptom management approach as well as a trauma informed framework. And you will learn when to use each approach.
- Learn from trainers who are licensed mental health clinicians with over 50 years of combined experience AND who are experts in energy psychology, trauma, addiction, Qigong and more.
- Be able to get CE (psychologists, social workers, counselors, addiction counselors)
What will the EFT training look like?
- A 6 week, structured online program that allows you to learn EFT from the comfort of your own home or office, at times that are convenient for you
- Mixed with 5, weekly LIVE 1 hour virtual small group practice sessions with your own trained EFT facilitator so you can ask questions and practice the skills (just like you do in an on-site workshop). These video sessions let you practice EFT tools with another student. Click here to see a video of the zoom breakout technology.
Each live session has two aspects:
1) Discussions/questions - you will get to ask questions and there will be discussions of important concepts
2) Practice (this is so cool!) You will pair off with one person in a virtual break out room. You and your partner will actually practice different parts of EFT. If you run into issue you can ask for help from your facilitator or your facilitator may just enter the room and observe. This is just like doing a practice session in a live workshop. Actually it is better because the ratio of students to trainer is 6:1.You will also have access to a closed Facebook page so you can interact with fellow classmates and get your questions answered.
You'll get these powerful learning tools
VIDEOS of all faculty presentations that you can stream
AUDIO FILES for easy listening. You can download these files quickly and listen to them anywhere
PROFESSIONAL TRANSCRIPTS that you can study to deepen your learning. We’ve created full transcripts for each presentation so you can more easily integrate the key ideas into your work.
HANDOUTS that supplement the lectures, including graphs and charts
QUIZZES that provide you with feedback on how well you’re retaining what you’re learning
HOMEWORK that helps you deepen your understanding of key ideas and techniques
FREE MONTHLY ZOOM CALLS after the course to help you integrate EFT into your practice!
By the end of this course
you’ll be ready to start using EFT with your clients.
EFT Course Outline
- Basics of EFT detective work
- Discerning “aspects” of a problem
- Creating Story Boards
- Detecting emotional crescendos
- Mind mapping a problem
- Eliciting specific events
- Table Tops and Table Legs
- How to deconstruct beliefs, diagnoses and symptoms into treatable components
- Testing your work
- The Basic Recipe
- Setup statements
- Additional points
- Nine Gamut Procedure
- Constricted Breathing Technique
- Tell-the-Story Technique
- Tearless Trauma Technique
- The Personal Peace Procedure
- Vivid Visualization
- Integrating EFT into a trauma-informed approach
- Integrating EFT with other clinical approaches
- Scientific research demonstrating that EFT is evidence-based treatment
- Neuroscience of EFT
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Polyvagal theory
- Memory Reconsolidation
- Ethical considerations
- The history of EFT and its place in energy psychology
- Difference between professional and personal use of EFT
- EFT and mind-body approaches to treatment
- How to use EFT for symptom relief and emotional down regulation (palliative care)
- How to work with EFT to treat the source of problems
- How to integrate EFT with your practice
- How to introduce EFT to clients
- Integrating EFT with treatment planning
- Basic applications to specific disorders including trauma, stress, addictions, anxiety, over eating, pain, and performance issues
Meet the Trainers
Michael DeMolina, PhD, LPC, DCEP
Michael DeMolina has been ACEP’s lead EFT trainer for over 8 years. He is a rare breed of trainer who understands and practices energy work and psychotherapy in both breadth and depth. Michael is a Diplomate in Comprehensive Energy Psychology (DCEP) and an ACEP Certified Advanced Practitioner of EFT. He is chairman emeritus of the National Qigong Association and was selected as a “National Expert in Qigong and Tai Chi” by the University of Illinois. He is also a nationally certified master addiction counselor and a master practitioner and trainer of Neuro-linguistic Programming. He served in the U.S. Army for four years as a behavioral science specialist.
Robert Schwarz, PsyD, DCEP
Robert Schwarz has been a licensed psychologist for over 33 years. He is a Diplomate in Comprehensive Energy Psychology (DCEP). Bob has trained therapists internationally on trauma treatment, panic and anxiety, energy psychology. For the last 12 years Bob has been the executive director of the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology. He has organized over 25 conferences on energy psychology trauma treatment, Ericksonian hypnosis, brief therapy, that trained over 18,000 therapists. Bob also designed ACEP’s online programs on The Science of Energy Healing. He has authored 3 books: Tools for Transforming Trauma, PTSD: A Clinician’s Guide and We’re No Fun Anymore: Guiding Couples to a Joy Filled Marriage Through the Power of Play, as well as numerous articles and papers including Energy Psychology as a Polyvagal intervention for trauma (2018) . Emotional Freedom Techniques
A few of our many rave reviews
I am finding this course very valuable even though I was already using EFT with clients. It presents EFT very clearly and breaks it down in ways that were new to me despite having studied EFT. Although I knew Emotional Freedom Techniques worked, I wasn't getting the results I wanted with clients - now I understand what to do a bit differently for better results."Elizabeth K. Handleman, Ph.D., DCEP:, Hingham, Massachusetts
The content is challenging and fast paced but broken into manageable learning experiences. It is very beneficial to have unlimited access to the presentations and to have the ability to listen to them as many times as needed. The videos are extremely well done. Using Zoom for Q&A , review, and practice is very beneficial, enhances the learning experience, and is easy to use."Renée R Fletcher, MSN, RN, CNS, HTCP, MSI-BC, Nurse Director Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation - Methodist Hospital - San Antonio, Tx
The ability to hear/watch the training sessions and practice via zoom groups, in addition to having access to printed transcripts and the ability to re-listen to the trainings for review and deeper integration of information learned makes this format far superior to physically attending a training.Cheryl Congrove, LPC, Presscot, Arizona
Getting to learn from experts like Robert and Michael made the course even better. My confidence with breaking down . complex client trauma histories for treatment planning, creating effective set-up statements, and knowing what to do when SUD levels aren't dropping have greatly increased due to taking this course!
This course offers an immersive experience in clinical EFT. The trainers are highly knowledgeable and experienced and deliver the information skillfully. I really benefitted from the practice sessions during the small group setting. I learned so much in this course, and it far exceeded my expectations. I love the results that I'm seeing in my own life and in my work with my clients.Jen Johnson, MS, MS, MFA, LPC, CRC, BCC, E-RYT, North Carolina
I am really enjoying the modules. So well put together. I feel really cared for in the learning of this material. I like the pace and the quality of time you spend on each point. Online learning continues to blow me away at how effective it is. I'm in Switzerland and feel blessed to be able to join you in learning something I've had on my radar for many years! I am in the midst of my own health journey right now and have been using tapping on myself. This is how I was finally convinced it's time for me to learn it thoroughly and incorporate it into my work with adults and teens.Leslie Peake, MS , Upper School Counselor at Zurich International School Switzerland
How Do I Sign Up?
Enroll in the next class.
You must be enrolled at least 1 week before the course begins. If the course is full, you will be able to join the wait list for the next available course. The small group sessions fill quickly so we encourage you to sign up today to hold your space!
Sign up for your specific small group day and time.
There will be multiple options available. You will be signing up for 1-hour small group sessions for 5 weeks at the same day and time each week. The earlier you sign up, the more choices you have for your preferred time and day of your small group practice sessions. Spaces are limited to only 6 students per small group so that instructors can better facilitate the practice sessions.
CHECK OUT AVAILABLE DAYS AND TIMES FOR LIVE SMALL GROUP SESSIONS by clicking on "available live session" on calendar below.
Once the class opens, start watching or listening to the material online.
You can do this whenever you want. You can stream video and audio or download the audio and written material. Assignments are given throughout the course.
Move at a pace so that you will have covered the material necessary before each of the four live small group sessions.
Each live session builds upon the previous sessions and course material. (Just like it would in a live workshop.)
At the end of the course...
You can take a multiple choice test and complete the assessment to earn CE credits.
Clinics, hospitals, group practices, agencies:
Group discounts are available
Enjoy the synergies when multiple clinicians are trained in EFT.
Click here for details
One-time payment of $447
2 payments of $225 each
2 payments of $225 each
(Early Bird Pricing ends May 22)
The summer 2023 class starts the week of June 12th and lasts for 6 weeks. The first small group zoom sessions are scheduled to begin the week of June 12. There Will Be No Class: Week of July 4th (The last small group sessions will be July 24th - 28th)
Plus, free monthly zoom calls after the course to help you integrate EFT into your practice.
ACEP Members Save 10% More!
Contact the office for your promo code
Live Small-Group Session Availability
Eligibility for EFT Professional Skills 1
The program is intended for practitioners in any profession who are trained and licensed to work with emotional trauma and distress, or with the emotional aspects of illness or injury, or with any kind of mental health problems. This program assumes a reasonable level of counseling skill. The following degrees and/or job specializations are required.
- Masters' degree level or higher licensed mental health professionals (psychologists, social workers, counselors, MFTs, LMHCs, addiction counselors)
- Psychiatrists and physicians
- Nurses with an MSN, APRN or CNS specializing in psychiatric nursing
- Certified addiction counselors (bachelors' level) who have at least 3 years full time experience counseling addicts
- Licensed acupuncturists or licensed chiropractors (you should already have experience and counseling skills dealing with client’s emotional issues)
If you are unsure if you meet these criteria, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 484-380-2448.
Summer 2023 Class Begins June 12, 2023!
Two great payment options!
1 Payment of $447
2 Payments of $225
ACEP Members Save 10% More!
Contact the office for your promo code
15 CE/CME credits are offered for
Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors,
LMFTs, Acupuncturists and Physicians
and 15 contact hours for Nurses
ACEP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ACEP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Technical Requirements for this EFT Course
You will need access to:
- A computer (mac or PC), smart phone or tablet
- Access to the internet at a rate that allows for video
- A webcam and microphone so that you can participate in the live virtual sessions
EFT Professional Skills 2 , Mentoring and Certification
It is a journey to make EFT become a part of you - to becoming deeply skilled is a developmental process. It takes time, practice, support and mentoring.
We've made this process as easy as possible. As good as this 15 hour training is, it is just the beginning. We strongly encourage you to go far beyond this course. There are up to 4 steps to the process. EFT PS 1 is the first step. You can read about the next 3 steps below.
Listen to what Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner, Jenine Lamberton has to say about her journey.
Professional Skills 2:
Our Professional Skills Level 2 online EFT course is available after you complete Professional Skills 1, We strongly recommend you take EFT PS2 to deepen your skills. As good as PS 1 is, it's only the equivalent of 2.5 days of training. We hold classes twice a year. The next EFT PS2 class will begin in April 10, 2023.
Professional Skills 3: ACEP Certified EFT Practitioner:
Once you complete Professional Skills 2 you can go on to get one-on-one mentoring and become an ACEP Certified EFT Practitioner. This shows the world that you really know what you are doing as a practitioner of EFT.
Professional Skills 4: ACEP Certified Advanced EFT Practitioner
After completing PS-3. You can take the final step in your training by becoming an ACEP Certified EFT Advanced Practitioner. In addition to providing you additional mentoring to truly becoming an expert EFT practitioner, this level of training opens your eligibility to becoming nationally certified in cognitive somatic energy practices. It also opens the possibility of you becoming a facilitator in the ACEP program.
Learn more about PS 3 and PS 4 Advanced EFT mentoring certification programs.
15 CE/CME credits are offered for this EFT-PS 1 course for psychologists, social workers, counselors, LMFTs and Physicians. Learn more
Instructions for Requesting Accomodations for Disabilities
If you require accommodations for a disability, please contact us at 484-380-2448 or via email at email@example.com.
Want EFT training, but can't make this EFT Course?
Questions or Concerns? First Check FAQs below.
For more information, questions or concerns, contact ACEP - firstname.lastname@example.org | 484-380-2448.
ACEP is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Association
7 day unconditional guarantee
Purchasing this amazing EFT course is 100% risk free with ACEP’s unconditional guarantee. The refund period is limited because of the length of the course. Therefore, if you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, contact us within 7 days after the class starts and we will refund 100% of your money. No refunds will be processed after 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Do you need to know anything about EFT to take this Course? What if you already know some EFT – Is this course helpful?
A.We’ve offered this course for several years now. You do not need to know anything about EFT to take this course. That said, we’ve had many people who have had varying degrees of EFT training. Virtually all of them have found this course extremely useful for increasing their skill level in EFT and learning how to integrate EFT within clinical practice.
Q.How much time do you have to devote to the course per week?
A.The minimum is about 2 hours per week to watch the videos at least once and 1 hour per week starting the second week for the small group practice sessions.
Depending on your learning style, where you are in your training as a therapist, and how quickly you want to master the material, you may want to spend more time watching videos more than once. The more you put in to the course the more you get out of it. It is vitally important that you watch the relevant videos BEFORE your practice session.
Q.What happens if I cannot attend a small group session?
A.It’s very important to attend all of these sessions. If you miss any session, CE rules state that you cannot get CE. More importantly you are not getting the practice that you need. If extenuating circumstances cause you to miss your session you may be able to attend another in the same week. If you miss the one week and can not attend another in the same week, you may request permission to join that week in the next offered course in order to receive CE and your certificate. If you are not granted permission or miss more than one week, you can retake the course at another time at 50% off.
Q.Do I need to watch the videos before the practice session?
A.Absolutely Yes. Think of it this way. The video is like the teacher teaching you the skills and then providing demonstrations. How can you practice if you have not been in the room ( so to speak). Not only is it not fair to you. Its not fair to the other people in your group. The partner you are paired up with will not have a partner who can be an effective practitioner during the practice.
Q.Does this course integrate EFT within a trauma informed approach?
A.Yes it does. EFT fits very well into a trauma informed approach. This course is designed so that you can use EFT to keep people within the window of tolerance when working with traumatic events.
Q.Are there demonstrations in the course?
A.Not only are there demonstrations, there is a demonstration with instant commentary along the way. This one video could be watched many times to learn the subtleties of EFT.
Q.The Website says there are CEs for psychologists. Does this mean that you offer APA approved CE’s for psychologists?
A.Yes it does!
Q.Does this course give me the tools to actually work with clients?
A.BY the end of the training, the material in this course can give a person who is already trained in working with people the skills to use EFT with clients in a variety of situations such as trauma, anxiety, depression and performance issues . That said there are a few caveats. First, don’t use what you learn in this course with the types of problems that are beyond your scope of practice or training. For instance, if you’ve never worked with dissociative disorders, don’t try to use what you’ve learned here until you know a lot more about dissociative disorders (even though EFT can be very useful for DID clients). Second, the more you absorb the material in this course the more you will be able to apply it to your practice.
Q.As I go through the course should I be using EFT with other people?
A.We strongly encourage people to practice EFT as much as possible. You can practice on yourself and with colleagues, friends, and other people in the training. You can even practice with some clients as long as you properly inform them that you are learning and this is an experiment. As you are practicing, you should only practice with clients that you consider to be stable, easy to work with, on relatively easy problems until you build up your skill set. We discuss this in the course.
Q.So what training do I need to become very skilled in EFT?
A.This is a very important question. We would strongly advise that you take this course and then follow up with EFT Professional skills 2. We also strongly advise that you commit to practicing EFT with Clients and./or fellow students. One key to mastery is practice. EFT can be both powerful and nuanced to effectively work with the most difficult problems. To really achieve mastery, as in any therapeutic style, more training and mentoring is required. This is where our advanced training, mentoring and certification programs of PS3 and PS 4 come in. See the section above about advanced training, mentoring and certification. Listen to what Advanced Practitioner Janine Lamberton says. It simply is great training at a reasonable price that will give you a tool that will grows with you no matter how skilled you get.
Brought to you by
ACEP works to establish the credibility and efficacy of energy psychology methods through its programs of education, certification, ethics, humanitarian aid and research. By upholding standards of practice and a code of ethics for energy psychology practitioners, ACEP raises the bar of professionalism for this emerging field. ACEP also has ongoing initiatives to increase public awareness of the effectiveness and cost efficiency of these methods. Formed as a non-profit in 1999, ACEP has a global membership of over 1,200 licensed mental health professionals and allied health practitioners. energypsych.org
Book Your Seat
Class sizes are limited to maximize learning. Make sure you sign up at the earliest possible time. If the EFT class is sold out you can Join the wait list and we'll let you know if any seats open. We'll also let you know when registration opens for other classes.